JOIN US for Monthly Webinar + 3 Months Follow Up at Start Today!
Metabolic Coaching, a 3 month educational and behavior modification program to help you successfully transition to a very low carbohydrate diet (aka LCHF diet or ketogenic diet), to reverse the signs and symptoms of the metabolic syndrome (weight, cholesterol, blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, inflammation, etc…). Local and distance coaching available.
THE METABOLIC COACHING RADIO SHOW – Insulin, the Food Pyramid, & Low Carb – November 28, 2017 – AM 580
On today’s episode we discuss how insulin causes weight gain and how you can reverse the weight gain on the very low carbohydrate, LCHF Metabolic Coaching diet.
Topics in today’s show:
– Insulin is the number 1 fat storage hormone of the human body. The number 1 cause of high insulin levels is high amounts of carbohydrates in the diet. To lower insulin levels, lower the amount of carbs in the diet (i.e. “Cut the Killer Carbs”). This is how a low carb diet will help you lose weight, by lowering your insulin levels.
– Lowering insulin levels through a low carbohydrate diet also helps improve blood pressures, improve insulin resistance, and improve blood sugars in type 2 diabetes.
– Cortisol (the stress hormone) is the second hormone that causes weight gain. The number 1 recommendation to improve your cortisol levels is to get enough sleep. Chronic sleep deprivation is chronic stress on the human body. Stress you don’t need. And stress that can be contributing to weight gain.
– Childhood obesity and diabetes is treated by Dr. Lustig (a pediatric endocrinologist) with some simple rules: 1. Children can drink only water or full-fat milk (no soda, juices, fruit drinks, etc…). 2. The children can have NO SUGARS at all. The combination of those two simple rules is often enough to reverse pediatric obesity and type 2 diabetes in children.
– Wheat products (any foods that contain wheat) and sugars (like table sugar, high fructose corn syrup, honey and maple syrup) are addictive. They stimulate addictive centers of the brain. So for long term weight loss, these foods should be avoided entirely. A smoker who has gone 6 months without a cigarette, shouldn’t have just one puff. Likewise, adding back any wheat products and sugars after substantial weight loss, is a bad idea.
– That is one reason why the Metabolic Coaching diet is a 100% Wheat-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Very Low Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet (less than 20 net carbs per day).
JOIN US at for the Monthly Webinar + 3 Months Follow Up. Start Today!
CALL IN to get questions answered live, by phone during the show.
– Tuesdays 9:00 to 10:00 am CST
– CALL IN NUMBER: 806-745-5800
– Listen live online at: (Flash required, be patient, may take a little while to load)
– Listen live locally on radio at: AM 580
This communication is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Any health and/or lifestyle modification program should be undertaken only under the direct supervision of your doctor. Individual results may vary.