Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Honey offers a wide range of health benefits for those who consume it, especially in its raw form. Unfortunately, most honey eaten today is processed honey, which has been filtered and heated after being collected. Raw honey is different from this processed kind. It is a unfiltered, unpasteurized and pure, and in this form, it maintains its incredibly healthy nutritional profile. In addition to offering many healthy nutrients, it also promotes many health benefits while promoting our overall health. Lets discuss some of the incredible health benefits raw honey can offer when it is consumed consistently.
1. First, raw honey has amazing antioxidant properties and this has been backed up by studies. These wonderful antioxidants can help to boost your immune system and block free radicals in the body, which can help prevent a number of unwanted diseases. Raw honey contains powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, which have been shown to reduce the chances of disease, such as heart disease. In addition to this, raw honey also contains antioxidant flavonoids.
2. Consistent consumption of raw honey may also help to reduce the risk of developing diabetes and is even used to treat diabetes. Raw honey and cinnamon is especially helpful for diabetes since it is beneficial for healthy blood sugar levels, as we have discussed in a previous video. Raw honey can also benefit insulin levels and decrease hyperglycaemia. As well, raw honey has been found to cause a lower elevation of plasma glucose levels in diabetics when it is compared to sucrose and dextrose, as studies have indicated.
3. It is also a great source of natural energy. This is because raw honey contains a majority of natural sugars, and many different vitamins and minerals. It is an easily absorbed energy supply in the form of liver glycogen, which is why many people consume it before their workouts and sport competitions, or in the mornings.
4. Raw honey has also been shown in studies to help with weight loss when consumed. When compared to sugar, raw honey may actually work to lower serum triglycerides in the body. Other studies have shown that consistent consumption of raw honey can help to suppress appetite and activate our hormones. Like with any healthy food, just make sure you are not overeating raw honey and managing your intake.
5. Raw honey can also help to promote sleep. More importantly, it can increase and promote restorative sleep, so we wake up feeling more rejuvenated and awake. If you consume raw honey before going to sleep, it can work to restock the liver’s glycogen supply. As well, consuming raw honey also works to release melatonin in the brain. It stimulates the release of tryptophan which converts into serotonin, leading to the release of melatonin. Melatonin is great for promoting restorative sleep since it boosts immunity and also helps to rebuild tissue while we rest.
6. It can also help with treating a cough and is often considered a natural cure for both cough and cold. Persistent cough may be able to be remedied by consuming just a couple of teaspoons of honey as some studies have indicated. This is said to be due to the thick consistency and sweetness of the honey, which work to coat the throat and stimulate nerve endings which protect the throat from persistent cough.
7. Lastly, raw honey can help to improve the quality of your skin and provide a clearer complexion. This can occur when raw honey is consumed, but is even more beneficial when it is applied topically. When applying it to your skin, make sure you are using, pure, organic raw honey for best results. It can also help to relieve acne and other skin problems. As well, when applying it to your face, dilute it with water before applying.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.